Head of Partnerships
Hours: 0.6 FTE
Contract: 2 (two) years renewable
Package: $90K – $105K plus super (pro rata)
Location: Sydney (preferred) or Melbourne (some interstate travel required)
Reporting to the CEO, the highly motivated and experienced Head of Partnerships leads the development, implementation and growth of Science & Technology Australia’s partnerships strategy.
Science & Technology Australia is the nation’s leading voice for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. With a mission to connect scientists and technologists with leaders in business, politics, and the community to enhance the role, reputation and impact of science, STA is an independent NGO with more than 80 member organisations representing more than 75,000 individuals.
With recent growth in the reach, reputation and impact of our suite of programs and events and an existing suite of strong partnerships and relationships, STA is establishing this new position to strengthen our capacity to connect, empower and support our members and our broader sector.
With a positive can-do attitude, the Head of Partnerships will work independently in close collaboration with the CEO to build national sustainability and international expansion for the program through building partnerships, grants, and other relationships.
This position is located remotely from STA’s Canberra office. It is preferably based in Sydney but Melbourne will also be considered.
- Lead the considered and authentic development, implementation and continual growth of the STA Partnerships Strategy to grow program and sponsorship revenue
- Lead engagement and relationship management of existing partners, fostering these relationships to longevity and mutual benefit
- Take primary responsibility for the integration of new partnerships
- Identify new and appropriate opportunities to attract and leverage partnership, sponsorship and grant income
- Work with the management team to deliver on event- and program-specific partnership benefits
- Other duties as required
- More than five years demonstrated experience and success in developing genuine, respectful and enduring partnerships that have produced measurable outcomes
- High level communication skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Capacity to work collaboratively yet independently with a high level of intrinsic motivation
- Creative thinker who shows initiative and calm under pressure
- Values-led, authentic, dynamic and with a high level of integrity
- Enthusiasm for science and technology, and for building equity, diversity and inclusion in the STEM sector
- Demonstrated relationships at decision-maker level in corporate Australia
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, professionals of all ages and LGBTIQA+ people.
Submit your application before 9am, 22 July 2019.
To apply, send your responses to the selection criteria and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.