- This event has passed.
2018 Australian Institute of Physics Congress
9 December, 2018 - 13 December, 2018
The Australian Institute of Physics and the Australian Optical Society, with the support of the Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) and the Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN), warmly welcome you to the 23rd AIP Congress and the Australian Optical Society Conference that will be held jointly with the 43rd Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (ACOFT) and with the 2018 Conference on Optoelectronic and Microelectronic Materials and Devices (COMMAD).
Seamlessly integrated to form one of Australia’s foremost science forums, the meeting will take place in beautiful Perth on the leafy campus of the University of Western Australia, during 9-13 December 2018.
Speakers will include:
• Prof Julia Yeomans FRS (Oxford University)
– Active Matter
• Nobel Laureate Prof Rainer Weiss (MIT, USA)
– Gravitational Waves Detection
• Prof Michael Wiescher (University of Notre Dame, USA), NUPP Keynote
• Prof Chandralekha Singh (University of Pittsburgh, USA), PEG Keynote
– How to strengthen physics by making it inclusive
• Prof Monika Ritsch-Marte (Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria)
– Synthetic holography to shape up optical imaging and trapping
• Prof Jianwei Pan (University of Science and Technology of China)
– Quantum Foundation, Quantum Optics, Quantum Information
• Prof Willie Padilla (Duke University, USA)
– Metamaterials and Integrated Plasmonics
• Prof Teri Odom (Northwestern University, USA)
– Programmable and Reconfigurable Nanoparticle Optics
• Prof Thomas Krauss (University of York, UK)
– Photonic Crystals and Nanostructures – Phoenix of Photonics?
• Prof Garth Illingworth (UC Santa Cruz/Lick Observatory)
– Space telescopes and astronomy: Hubble, Spitzer & JWST
• Maureen Frank (emberin) DE-GAP Keynote
• Prof Philippa Browning (University of Manchester, UK) Sponsored by ANSTO
– Plasma Physics of Solar and Fusion Plasmas