- This event has passed.
Workshop – Association Governance & Board Roles and Responsibilities
8 November, 2017 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Presented by the Associations Forum, this workshop is exclusively open to STA Members only and is part of the newly launched Member Benefits Program.
Whether called the Board or Council, the governing body of an association has both responsibility and authority. The role played by the Board is governance, providing guidance and direction - and delegation to management when staff are employed.
This presentation will cover:
8.30am Registration commences
9.00am Workshop commences
- Incorporation and legislation
- Roles, rights and responsibilities of Board, staff and members
- Constitution/Rules and ‘Governance Charter’
10.20am Morning Tea
10.40am Workshop resumes
- Statistics and benchmarks for Board
- The need for clear Plans and Budgets
- Tips for agendas, minutes and chairing
- Making your Board more effective and efficient
12.00pm Close of workshop
View our Event Cancellation Policy.
View our Code of Conduct