- This event has passed.
Workshop – Association Governance & Board Roles and Responsibilities
8 November at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Whether called the Board or Council, the governing body of an association has both responsibility and authority. The role played by the Board is governance, providing guidance and direction - and delegation to management when staff are employed.
This presentation will cover:
8.30am Registration commences
9.00am Workshop commences
- Incorporation and legislation
- Roles, rights and responsibilities of Board, staff and members
- Constitution/Rules and ‘Governance Charter’
10.20am Morning Tea
10.40am Workshop resumes
- Statistics and benchmarks for Board
- The need for clear Plans and Budgets
- Tips for agendas, minutes and chairing
- Making your Board more effective and efficient
12.00pm Close of workshop
View our Event Cancellation Policy.