Science & Technology Australia is seeking nominations for a number of positions on the STA Board. To nominate, you must be a member of an STA ordinary member (non-affiliate) – you can find the full list of eligible organisations here.
Science & Technology Australia is an inclusive organisation. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, STEM professionals of all ages and career stages and LGBQTI people.
We particularly welcome nominations from those with experience or qualifications in law/governance, financial management, or HR. We also encourage those from Tasmania, the Northern Territory and Western Australia to nominate.
Positions currently vacant
We are currently accepting nominations for the following Cluster Group representatives (you will find a position description for this role here) for two-year appointments to the STA Board:
- Aquatic Sciences (Must be a member of an ordinary member in the Aquatic Sciences cluster)
- Medical and Cognitive Sciences (Must be a member of an ordinary member in the Medical and Cognitive Sciences cluster)
- General member representative (Non-disciplinary based. Must be a member of an ordinary member in any cluster and a member of or employed by a member in the General Cluster)
Prior to nominating please read the position description for STA Board Members, outlining responsibilities and time commitments. Please note, nominees must formally declare that their cluster-aligned membership organisation is aware of their nomination.
- 27 August 2019 – Open Applications
- 30 September 2019– Close Applications
- 14 – 18 October 2019 – Cluster Elections
- 22 October – Announcement of new Cluster Representatives