For Science Meets Parliament 2022, ten scholarship recipients will be able to access a full program of outstanding professional development training at no cost.
Science meets Parliament is Australia’s single deepest vehicle for deep engagement between the science and technology community and policymakers.
Science & Technology Australia is offering the scholarships thanks to our generous sponsors: UNSW, the ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems, New Edge Microbials, the Australian Academy of Science, CropLife Australia, ATN Universities, and the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering.
For more than two decades, Science meets Parliament has been building the advocacy skills of STEM professionals and nurturing relationships between the sector and government.
Science meets Parliament 2022 – to be held online 28 February-2 March 2022 – brings together an all-star science and technology line up for a week of unparalleled insights and deep engagement with decision-makers.
Scholarship winners will access a week-long program of high quality skills development and bespoke training, and have a meeting with an MP or Senator.
Scholarship winners will also get to attend one of our National Gala Dinners for Science Meets Parliament on 2 June in their closest capital city.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build your networks, develop and sharpen your science advocacy skills, and learn how your science can influence policy.
Scholarships are open to STEM practitioners in these categories:
- First Nations STEM Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (generously supported by the Australian Academy of Science and EQUS);
- LGBTQIA+ STEM Pride Scholarship (generously supported by EQUS);
- Regional STEM Scholarships for STEM professionals who work in remote or regional Australia – >150km from a major capital city (generously supported by New Edge Microbials and CropLife);
- Technology Scholarships for those working in technologically-based areas of engineering and information technology (generously supported by the Australian Technology Universities (ATN) network and by the Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE);
- Disability Scholarship (generously supported by UNSW); and
- Neurodivergent Scholarship (generously supported by UNSW).
Scholarship applications are open now and close on 9 February. Apply here.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must either be a member of – or employed by – an STA member organisation.
Want to sponsor another scholarship and give a STEM practitioner the opportunity to attend Science meets Parliament 2022? Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org