Science & Technology Australia is seeking nominations for the Finance Audit and Risk Committee – we are recruiting a degree qualified CPA to join as an independent member.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a committee advising a national Board, led by experts spanning the scientific and technological disciplines. Network and gain governance experience without carrying the time and fiduciary responsibility of a formal Board position.
Chaired by the Treasurer, the Committee reviews and advises the Board and its delegated Executive Committee on financial management and sustainability, controls to prevent and detect fraud and errors, external financial reporting requirements including audits, risk management and mitigation and compliance. It also serves as an avenue for whistle-blowing.
• Degree qualified CPA (We will also consider a degree qualified individual who is more than halfway through studying towards CPA accreditation)
• An understanding of NGO structure and responsibilities
• An understanding of reporting requirements for government grants
• An interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
• Board or committee experience would be valued but is not essential
The Committee meets four times a year for 1.5 hours per meeting, and as required by special circumstances. These meetings will most usually be by video conference. Appointments for independent committee members are for two years, with eligibility for reappointment up to a total of four years.
This position is not remunerated. Any expenses incurred in meeting committee requirements will be covered by STA.
Nominations and questions can be directed to email@example.com.