Video and Digital Content Producer
Part time role (19 hours/2.5 days a week)
12 month contract with the possibility of extension
Salary: $32,608 per annum ($64,358 full time equivalent) plus super
The Video and Digital Content Producer will be responsible for the creation, design, and management of content for Science & Technology Australia’s social media, website, newsletter, and other communications channels.
The Video and Digital Content Producer works with a small, fun and skilled team to foster and expand STA’s online audience, to connect directly with individuals working in all aspects and spheres of science and technology in Australia, and to promote our suite of programs and activities.
This role sits at the heart of STA’s mission to connect scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians with governments, business and the wider community to advance the role, reputation and impact of science and technology in Australia.
With a primary focus on professional multimedia production and outstanding design skills, the role also requires basic skills in photography, written communication, and web editing (basic coding in HTML or experience with WordPress etc.), and an understanding of social media.
This role reports to the Communications and Policy Manager.
- Working with the Communications and Policy Manager and towards the organisation’s communications strategy by creating compelling content to maximise audience reach and growth – including but not limited to publication on the website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Manage, research, draft and design branded content for STA events, campaigns, promotions and programs;
- Film and edit stand-alone, high quality videos and other multimedia material for use on social media, the STA website, at events and for presentations;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the STA website;
- Assist with other projects when required, including but not limited to logistical, administrative and communications support.
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes social media content sings, and evidence of strong achievement in this realm;
- Demonstrated good judgement under pressure – show us how you work quickly and creatively to take advantage of opportunities as they arise, within the guiding framework of a communications strategy;
- Experience in video production and graphic design to improve brand engagement and clearly communicate complex topics (including video and graphic design);
- Confidence in web design and development, working with HTML and WordPress (or another similar web content management system);
- Demonstrated ability to perform well both independently and as a member of a small team.
- An understanding and commitment to the principals of diversity, fairness and equal opportunity.
All applicants must prepare a maximum two-page response to the selection criteria above,and a link to your portfolio or a recent example of your video production work.
Submissions can be made via Seek or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm Monday 16 July 2018.