Program Assistant – Superstars of STEM
Location: Deakin, ACT
- Part time position, Canberra
- Part time 0.4 – 0.6FTE $65,000 plus superannuation pro-rata
- One year contract with possibility to extend
This role supports the delivery and growth of the national Superstars of STEM program.
- Small, inclusive and passionate team
- Opportunity to support a growing organisation
- Competitive salary and flexible workplace
Science & Technology Australia is looking for a motivated and experienced Program Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, demonstrate good judgement, be articulate and a great multi-tasker. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will provide efficient, professional and confidential administrative assistance to the Superstars of STEM program.
- Provide proactive and well organised administrative support to the Program Manager including but not limited to correspondence, database management, and event logistics
- Assist with the application process and selection of participants
- Coordinate travel for program events
- Support the Program Manager to coordinate the mentoring program, speaking opportunities and school visits for program participants
- Assist the team to generate media opportunities for program participants
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated high level of administration skills including Microsoft Office, basic computing and database management.
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management, and an ability to juggle competing priorities and respond quickly and professionally as issues unfold.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well both independently and as a member of a small team.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and communication skills including the ability to establish effective relationships.
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the science, technology, engineering and mathematics sector.
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of diversity, fairness and equal opportunity.
Science & Technology Australia is the peak body for Australia’s science and technology sectors. We represent 84 member organisations and, through them, more than 80,000 STEM professionals. Join a small and high-energy team working flexibly and with a deep commitment to ensure STEM expertise informs policy, and public and media discussion.
Applicants should send a cover letter outlining how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities and selection criteria for this role, along with a current resume.
Applications must be lodged by close of business – Tuesday 6 October 2020.
We believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage applications from people with disability and those who identify as part of the Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander and LGBQTI communities.
For further information or to lodge your application, please contact the Program Manager – Superstars of STEM, Sandra Gardam on email@example.com or 02 6113 0780.