If you want to join a small but passionate team, and contribute to Australia's world-leading science and technology sector, check out the employment opportunities below! All roles are based in Canberra unless otherwise stated.
$80,000 - $90,000 (plus Super) based on experience
This position writes, creates, and distributes content for Science & Technology Australia’s media engagement, social media channels, website, publications, newsletter, and other channels.
This important role works in a small team to expand STA’s online audiences, promote STA’s programs and activities, propose and create polished communications materials and showcase science and technology in Australia.
With a primary focus on social media content creation and strategic communications, the role proactively identifies communications opportunities and creates marketing and communications assets, content and posts.
Essential skills include a high level of social media platforms proficiency, web editing and WordPress, creating content for social media, stakeholder engagement skills and experience in designing and delivering strategic communication plans. Graphic design skills including for publications, templates and social media assets would be highly regarded.
This is an exciting position ideally suited to an experienced person looking to take the next big step in their career.
This role reports to the Director of Communications.
1. Work with Director of Communications to deliver STA's communications strategy;
2. Create social media content to maximise audience reach and growth;
3. Research, draft and design multimedia content and posts for social media channels and the STA website;
4. Develop a program of engagement initiatives to promote key projects, secure partnerships and enhance growth opportunities;
5. Produce high-quality publications including the fortnightly member update, and the annual report;
6. Draft media releases and undertake proactive media pitching to promote programs; and
7. Assist with other projects as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes social media content sing, how to use platforms and scheduling tools, grow audiences and drive traffic to owned channels - with evidence of past achievement;
- Demonstrated good judgement under pressure, working quickly and creatively to take advantage of opportunities as they arise, within the guiding framework of a communications strategy;
- Highly developed media and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Capacity to work both independently and productively as part of a small, team; and
- A commitment to the principles of diversity, fairness and equal opportunity.
Science & Technology Australia is the peak body for Australia’s science and technology sectors. We represent 95 member organisations and, through them, more than 90,000 STEM professionals. Join a small and high-energy team working flexibly and with a deep commitment to ensure STEM expertise informs policy, and public and media discussion.
Applicants should send a two-page response to the selection criteria, along with a current resume.
Applications must be lodged by COB Monday 25 July 2022.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Science & Technology Australia has a deep commitment to First Nations partnerships and opportunities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
**No recruitment agencies please **