If you want to join a small but passionate team, and contribute to Australia's world-leading science and technology sector, check out the employment opportunities below! All roles are based in Canberra unless otherwise stated.
Working closely with the Director of Communications and CEO, this position will deliver outstanding communications for the peak body representing the nation’s science and technology sector. This key role will drive the expansion of strategic communications and marketing content in a rapidly-growing organisation. It is a highly visible, pivotal opportunity to create, lead and innovate.
This senior role will be a skilled communications all-rounder who will play a key role in the strategic communications work of STA to further enhance its powerful profile, impact and influence.
This role reports to the Director of Communications and is being offered as a full time position, based in our Canberra office.
- Develop a clever marketing and communications strategy for our programs.
- Research key audiences and tools for effective marketing, communications and outreach to maximise our success and build a strong positive profile with key audiences.
- Develop key communications and marketing materials.
- Research, draft, post multimedia content across all social media channels.
- Undertake proactive media engagement to promote STA activities.
- Share your expertise and talents across STA communications projects, workloads and initiatives; and
- Other duties as required.
Key Selection criteria:
- High-level skills in communications strategy development, content creation and writing - with a strong sense of initiative, proactivity and innovation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (especially writing for media and social media) including an ability to establish effective and trusted relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of the role.
- Strong initiative and highly organised; great time management skills and an ability to juggle competing priorities and respond quickly and professionally as issues unfold.
- Excellent proficiency in key communications tools and the aptitude and drive to research and learn new products and platforms to continue to broaden this skillset.
- Demonstrated good judgement under pressure, working quickly and creatively to take advantage of opportunities for STA to grow and flourish; and
- A passion for the science, technology, engineering and mathematics sector and a deep commitment to diversity, fairness and equity.
Science & Technology Australia is the peak body for Australia’s science and technology sectors. We represent more than 111 member organisations and, through them, more than 105,000 STEM professionals. Join a small and high-energy team working flexibly and with a deep commitment to ensure STEM expertise informs policy, and public and media discussion.
Applicants should send a two-page response to the selection criteria, along with a current resume.
Applications must be lodged to the email address below by 9am AEDT, Tuesday 6 December.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Science & Technology Australia has a deep commitment to First Nations partnerships and opportunities. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
**No recruitment agencies please **