Superstars of STEM aims to smash society’s gender assumptions about scientists and increase the public visibility of women in STEM. STA started Superstars of STEM to create a critical mass of celebrity Australian women who work as scientists and technologists - role models for young women and girls – and to work towards equal representation in the media of women and men working in all fields in STEM.
Over five years we will have equipped 150 women working in STEM with advanced communication skills and provided them with genuine opportunities to use these skills – in the media, on the stage and in speaking with decision makers.
Working with participants over two years, the program strives to;
- Support 60 women employed in a range of roles in science, technology, engineering and mathematics to become highly visible public role models;
- Build the public profile of 60 women employed in STEM through training in public speaking, media and communicating with influence and through creating opportunities to practice their newly acquired skills;
- Empower participants to share their story and their work with general audiences by equipping them with advanced communications skills and an understanding of traditional media, social media and story-telling.
- Smash imposter syndrome and build confidence in a range of professional settings, participants will learn how to communicate with influence, in their workplaces, in the media and with leaders and politicians.
- Directly encourage young women and girls to study and stay in STEM, by program participants speaking with them in their schools and workplaces and by providing prominent public role models for them to aspire to.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the program through an iterative process of seeking feedback from participants and applying the lessons learned.
(see map for locations)
MEET OUR SUPERSTARS
If you would like to partner with us to promote these leading women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, please contact:
T: 02 6113 0780 | E: email@example.com