For Science Meets Parliament 2023, nine scholarship recipients will be able to access a full program of career-defining professional development training at no cost.
Science Meets Parliament is Australia’s most significant event for deep engagement between the science and technology community and policymakers.
Science & Technology Australia is offering the scholarships thanks to our generous sponsors: Exciton Science, New Edge Microbials, Pawsey Supercomputing Research Centre, ATN Universities, the Australian Academy of Science, and UNSW.
For more than two decades, Science Meets Parliament has been developing the advocacy skills of STEM professionals and building relationships between the sector and government.
Science Meets Parliament 2023 will be held over two dates. SMP Online – three days of world-class training and professional development – will take place 7-9 March. SMP On the Hill on 22 March will be a full day at Parliament House in Canberra featuring meetings with Members of Parliament, our glittering SMP gala dinner, and the centrepiece of SMP 2023, the National Press Club Address.
Scholarship winners will get access to the full program of events, and have a meeting with an MP or Senator.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build your networks, develop and sharpen your science advocacy skills, and learn how your science can influence policy.
Scholarships are open to STEM practitioners in these categories:
- First Nations STEM Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (generously supported by Exciton Science, and the Australian Academy of Science);
- STEM Pride Scholarship for LGBTQIA+ people (generously supported by the Australian Technology Universities (ATN) network);
- Regional STEM Scholarships – generously supported by New Edge Microbials;
- Technology Scholarship – generously supported by the Australian Technology Universities (ATN) network;
- Disability Scholarship – generously supported by the University of New South Wales (UNSW); and
- Neurodivergent Scholarship – generously supported by Pawsey Supercomputing Research Centre.
Scholarship applications are open now and close on 10 February.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must either be a member of – or employed by – an STA member organisation.
Want to sponsor another scholarship and give a STEM practitioner the opportunity to attend Science meets Parliament 2023? Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org