Science & Technology Australia is seeking three candidates to join our established Membership Committee, which is comprised of 5 members. The purpose of the committee is to advise on the strategic direction of membership, which includes but is not exclusive to membership structure, opportunities and strategic initiatives.
This Committee is a permanent Committee of the STA Board, with members serving one term of two years. Members are required to participate in two Committee meetings per year, which are to take place in February / October to align with board planning meeting. Outcomes of the committee are to align with the current STA Strategic Plan and contribute to the strategic planning undertaken by the STA board.
Candidates wishing to apply to join the Committee must be a member of, or employed by, an STA member organisation and address the following criteria in a statement that is no more than two pages in total:
- What type of member organisations have you had experience with?
- What is your understanding of strategic planning?
- What do you hope to achieve as a member of this committee? What does success look like to you?
- What is your relevant committee, board, and/or strategic membership experience?
- Please state your STA member organisation and confirm that this organisation is aware of your application to the Membership Committee.
Send your response and brief biography (200 words approx.) to email@example.com before applications close at 11:59pm, 30 September 2019 (EXTENDED to 11:59, 3 OCTOBER 2019).
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse faith, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and LGBTIQA+ identified STEM professionals.
The Committee is designed to be broadly representative of STA member organisations. Special consideration will be given to candidates from under-represented disciplines, diverse employer types, and geographic locations.
Please view the Terms of Reference for the Committee and the STA Constitution before applying.