Applications for this role have closed.
Digital Content Producer
The digital content producer will be responsible for the creation, design, distribution and management of content for Science & Technology Australia’s social media, website, newsletter, and other communications channels.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with skilled communications professionals to shape a new role. The digital content producer will work with a small team to foster and expand STA’s online audience, to connect directly with individuals working in all aspects and spheres of science and technology in Australia, and to promote our suite of programs and activities.
This role sits at the heart of STA’s mission to connect scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians with governments, business and the wider community to advance the role, reputation and impact of science and technology in Australia.
With a primary focus on professional multimedia production and outstanding communication skills, the role also requires basic skills in photography, graphic design, and web editing (basic coding in HTML etc.), and a native understanding of social media.
This role reports to the Communications and Engagement Manager.
- Working with the Communications and Engagement Manager and towards the organisation’s communications strategy by creating and analysing social media content to maximise audience reach and growth – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Manage, research, draft and design multimedia content for publication on the STA website;
- Produce stand-alone, high quality videos and other multimedia material for use on social media, the STA website, at events and for presentations;
- Provide writing and editing support for STA project, policy and program materials;
- Assist with other projects when required, including but not limited to logistical, administrative and communications support.
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes social media content sing, and evidence of strong achievement in this realm;
- Demonstrated good judgement under pressure – show us how you work quickly and creatively to take advantage of opportunities as they arise, within the guiding framework of a communications strategy;
- Experience in multimedia production to improve brand engagement and clearly communicate complex topics (including video and graphic design);
- Demonstrated ability to perform well both independently and as a member of a small team.
- An understanding and commitment to the principals of diversity, fairness and equal opportunity.
Applications closed Sunday 9 July 2017.